Decimal to Hex Converter Online will help you to convert decimal numbers into hexadecimal. Also, you will get the results very quickly. Just enter the decimal number into the following box and click on “Convert” button. As a result, you will get the hexadecimal values and full calculation below.
- Hex to Decimal Converter
- Decimal to Fraction Calculator
- Fraction to Decimal Calculator
- Fraction Calculator
These are the most commonly used standard of numbers. We never use hexadecimal to write our phone numbers, bill amount, marks and many more things which can be represented in digits. Decimals are used most of the time. As they are easy to analyze. On the other hand, hexadecimal is not used to represent numerals in daily life.
Hexadecimal has numbers along with letters. They have base 16. On the other hand, decimals have base 10. Hexadecimal includes 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and letters A, B, C, D, E, F. It shows that hex has 16 distinct characters.
So, the basic difference between decimal and hexadecimal is that:
- Decimals have 10 distinct characters and base 10.
0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Hexadecimals have 16 distinct characters and base 16.
0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F
- Decimals only have numbers
- Hexadecimals have numbers as well as letters
Putting the decimal and hexadecimal side by side, we get the basic idea about decimal to hex conversion.
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
Hexadecimal vs Decimal
Anytime you may require to convert decimal to hexadecimal. For that use our Decimal converter. It is easy. Free to use and convenient.
How to convert Decimal to Hex?
To convert the decimal to hex first consider two things. If the decimal is less than 16. For example, 10, 11, 14 and 9. Then simply change into hexadecimal by seeing the conversion chart. For 10 it will be A and 9 will be 9. Convert in a similar fashion.
In the second case: If the decimal is more than 16 then follow the steps prescribed below.
Firstly, divide the decimal by 16. Then write the remainder for further process. Divide the value after the point by 16. Continue this process until your last number is not hexadecimal. Keep on diving with 16.
When finally, you have got the last digit hexadecimal. It is time to write the remainders in a reverse manner. The first remainder is known as the least significant digit. The last remainder is known as the most significant digit. The final answer should start from most significant to the least significant. Hence, you have converted decimal to hex.
Convert 706010 to hex:
|Divide by 16||Quotient||Remainder (Decimal)||Remainder (Hex)|
Uses of Hexadecimal
- Colors in websites are coded in Hexadecimal. HTML uses hexadecimal to represent colors. The format used is RRGGBB. The first two digits for the intensity of red. The second two digits for the intensity of green. The last two digits for the intensity of blue. Mixing these combinations, you can set any color. The 0 denotes the lowest intensity and F denotes the highest intensity. For example, for using the red color we will use the code FF0000. Here, the intensity of red is highest whereas green and blue are the lowest. In a similar fashion web, developers use hexadecimal for color-coding.
- MAC or Media Access Control Address are also represented in hexadecimal.
- Memory allocations in systems are done using hexadecimal. As hexadecimal display every byte of memory. It is more convenient than binary numbers.
Advantages of using Decimal to Hex Converter:
- As you have read about the process of converting decimal to hexadecimal. It is somewhat complex. Therefore, the chances of getting errors are very much. Hence, it is better to use a converter tool. As it works on predefined algorithms. So, the chances of getting the wrong answer are zero. Accuracy of our Decimal to hexadecimal converter is 100%.
- The manual process takes a very long time. Whereas decimal to hex converter tool will take less than a second. Your time, as well as effort, is saved.
- You can use the tool anytime and anywhere. Whereas it is not necessary that you will get paper and pen everywhere. In that situation tools are best.
Get a device that can access the Internet. Also, an active internet connection. Open your web browser and go to this site. Put the decimal value in the box. Press the calculate button to find the answer.
Decimal to Hexadecimal Conversion Table
|Decimal (base 10)||Hex (base 16)|