Scientific Notations are an important concept in the field of science. It is mainly used for representing the long numbers in simplest form. The Scientific Notation Calculator is a tool designed to perform mathematical operations with the scientific notation numbers.
Very small numbers can also be represented in simplest form using Scientific Notation. This decimal representation makes the calculations convenient. That is why this thing is very popular among mathematicians, engineers, and scientists.
In Britain, it is known as Standard Form. We can write 700 as 7 × 102 which is called Scientific Notation. For small numbers like 0.0003, we can write it as 3 × 10-4.
However, the mathematicians, engineers, and scientists represent very small or very big numbers using scientific notations. Precision lengths are recorded in Scientific notations.
If you don’t use the scientific notations then it will be very difficult for you to perform arithmetic operations on them. Consequently, it is not understandable and hard to remember.
Scientific Notation Calculator reduces human effort and gives results in one click. At last, we have also provided the procedure to use the calculator. Make sure to check that.
Applications of the Scientific Notation Calculator
- Display the results in Scientific Notation, Decimal, and Exponential notations.
Why use Scientific Notation Calculator?
We can obviously apply the mathematical operations on Scientific Notations manually. Then why should we move towards the calculator? There are various reasons for it. So, let’s all together explore them one by one.
- First of all, undoubtedly the chances of errors are much higher when you go for manual calculations. This is just because we use our brain. The tool is already programmed and it uses its algorithms to answer all questions. If a user enters the correct input then he will definitely get the correct output. You can never expect that a computer will give wrong results. If it is then the problem must be with the inputs. The probability of error becomes zero. So, you need to have great accuracy calculators or similar tools.
- What is the most important element in our lives? Undoubtedly the answer is Time. For anyone, it is necessary to save time. Why invest a lot of time and effort in a work which can be accomplished in seconds? If you think similarly then you must have got the answer to why we should use this Scientific Notation calculating tool.
- Another most important factor behind using the Scientific Notation Calculator is the availability. Maybe pen-paper is not present everywhere. So, in that case, the last option remains is the calculator. In the same manner if sometimes you are not willing to perform calculations then these tools will help you fetching the answers.
- Some people may don’t know the process for calculating Scientific Notations. So, for them, it is the best way. The user interface is also very easy. Hence one can easily use it without any high-level technical knowledge.
Step by step process to use the calculator
Till now we discussed what Scientific Notation is and why we use them. Also, we talked about the uses of a tool for performing arithmetic operations. As we know we can add, subtract, multiply and divide two Scientific Notation numbers. Let us know the process in a detailed manner. So, we don’t encounter any problem while using it.
You must have to be online to do Scientific Notation calculation. All the processes of this tool work with the Internet. So, you should have a device that can access the Internet and obviously an active Internet connection.
Then open this website on your browser and wait till the page loads. As it completely loads you can see different boxes. You can enter the Scientific Notation by at first entering the number and then the power of ten.
Similarly, do the same for the second Scientific Notation. After that select the mathematical operation you want to perform. Finally, press the”Calculate” button. You can see the results below. For new calculation just press the Reset button.
For 2 number p1 and p2:
p1 = q1 × 10x1
p2 = q2 × 10x2
Scientific notations for addition
p1 + p2 = q1 × 10x1 + q2 × 10x2
p1 – p2 = q1 × 10x1 – q2 × 10x2
p1 x p2 = q1q2 × 10x1 + x2
p1 / p2 = (q1 / q2) × 10x1 – x2
Above all are the formulas for scientific notations with operations. Even more, you can calculate all the operations in this calculator. As a result, you will get Scientific Notation, E Notation, and Decimal Notation as output.